Digestive Associates is committed to protecting the health of all our patients and employees. While we continue monitoring and responding to all recommendations made by the CDC and our local health authority regarding the threat of the CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), we have found it crucial to implement the following temporary policies.
The following is in effect until further notice:
Patients experiencing upper respiratory symptoms such as coughing, fever and shortness of breath will not be permitted in our clinics. We ask that you please contact your primary care physician immediately. Patients experiencing these symptoms will be rescheduled to a later date. We have implemented additional measures to ensure patients continue receiving care, which includes, but is not limited to telehealth visits.
With the exception of patient’s requiring assistance (e.g. translator, caretaker, nurse, or individuals assisting a patient with a disability), we ask that anyone who has accompanied a patient please wait outside of our office to allow for further distancing between patients.
Additionally, in the interest of all or patients and employees, as well as the greater community, we ask that individuals adhere to the following preventive measures, as per the CDC:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60–95% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Contact your primary care physician if you develop upper respiratory symptoms, stay home and practice social-distancing.
Please visit the following sites for additional information regarding CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19):
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.